NEW: Individual + Family health Insurance
Now available for ARA members, your part-time and full-time team members can now access affordable personal health insurance. The Affordable Care Act/Exchange plans cover pre-existing conditions along with a list of essential health benefits. Through this program, your employees can:
- Speak directly to licensed agents and receive quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Access any qualifying federal subsidies as part of the enrollment process.
- Immediately enroll in medical, dental, vision, life, disability and Medicare coverage programs.
Individual & family plans require no employer participation or contributions.
Click here to learn more www.hospitality-health.com/ARA or call (844) 784-9269
I Missed My State’s Open Enrollment Deadline. Can I Still Get Healthcare Coverage?
Don’t worry! If you missed the enrollment deadline in your state, you have two options:
- You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) that will allow you to apply for health insurance if you have experienced a qualifying life event. Qualifying life events can include:
- A change in your home address.
- The loss of health insurance through a job.
- Household changes such as marriage, divorce, a death in the family, or having a baby
You have 60 days to enroll in a plan, if you qualify for an SEP. But, if you miss that 60-day window, you will have to wait until OEP to enroll in an individual health insurance policy for 2023.
- You may apply for a short-term health insurance plan. Short-term health insurance coverage can be purchased for up to 364 days, and you can reapply for short-term coverage for up to 36 months in most states. Short-term health insurance plans might be a good, temporary fit for healthy people, as they will not cover pre-existing conditions like Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans.
If you do not qualify for an SEP and decide not to apply for a short-term health plan, you will have to wait until Open Enrollment 2023 begins in the fall.