Arizona Restaurant Association Foundation Crisis Fund
The Arizona Restaurant Association, through its 501c3 Education Foundation (the ARAEF) has formed the Emergency Fund to activate immediate emergency funding for restaurant workers. A maximum $500 individual grant will be available, under specific criteria, so that restaurant industry service staff (waitstaff, bartenders, bussers, line cooks, dishwashers and other hourly workers) who have suddenly found themselves without a paycheck, can breathe a little easier knowing that this emergency help can assist them to buy groceries, pay their rent, fill their prescriptions, and take care of their kids. Other Federal and State help will be coming, but the Arizona Restaurant Association Foundation funds will help get workers over this critical first hump!
To qualify for grant assistance, you must meet all the following requirements:
- You have been laid-off, furloughed, or otherwise terminated from a full-time hourly position within the restaurant industry after February 29, 2020. (please note that full-time is defined as an average of 30 hours a week)
- You have been continuously employed by the same business for at least six months.
- You are able to certify that you are not receiving any compensation from any business or individual that is licensed to sell or serve alcoholic beverages by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control. (compensation includes pay for work, any form of paid leave, or other benefits such as retirement contributions or healthcare coverage.)
If you meet these qualifications, please:
- Complete the Emergency Fund Application
- Submit your last two pay stubs – one of which must be issued after February 29, 2020
- Submit proof that you have filed for unemployment insurance
- Agree to the “Pay It Forward Oath”
If you are a full-time industry worker who meets the outlined criteria above, please begin your individual application here. Please only complete one application per person. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If approved, we will be using checks to issue grantee awards. Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing as grantee awards will be on a rolling basis.